Here are some articles about the Alberg 35 and other topics applicable to our boats. You can read them by clicking on the link in the "Article Library" menu to the right.
Cruising World Magazine
- Carl Alberg's Complete Cruisers, Oct 1997 - A review of the Alberg 35 and Alberg 37 sailboats.
Good Old Boat Magazine
- Review Boat: Alberg 35, Jul 2009 - A review of the Alberg 35 by Gregg Nestor. (PDF File)
- When is an Ericson Really an Alberg?, Sep 1998 - A comparison between the Ericson 35 and the Alberg 35 by Jerry Powlas.
- Cool and Quiet and Trouble Free, Sep 1998 - A detailed look at marine exhaust systems. Very helpful if you are refurbishing yours. Written by Jerry Powlas.
- Analysis of a Near Dismasting, Sep 2016 - How corrosion and fatigue in an unsuspecting place almost brought down an Alberg 35 mast in Lake Ontario. Written by Tom Alley.
- I Am A Sailor, Nov 2016 - A young woman reflects on growing up aboard in an Alberg 35 family. Written by Katie Alley.
Member Articles & Yarns
- How to (Not) Build a Driveway - From the "Projects from Hell" category, enjoy this tale from one owner's efforts to provide a good off-season home for his Alberg 35. By Tom Alley.
- The Honeymoon - How Kindo (Hull #212) played a part in the honeymoon and a practical joke in 1968.
- Log of the Molly Brown, Part 1 - An owner takes possession of a project boat and begins restoration efforts. By Norm Rea.
- Log of the Molly Brown, Part 2 - Restoration efforts continue with the Molly Brown. By Norm Rea.
- Preparing Saga for Cruising - Things that one couple did to make their Alberg 35 a more capable and comfortable long distance cruiser.